What is temporary teeth?
Primary teeth represents one of the biggest concerns of new parents, which have to watch carefully the temporary dentition growth of the baby and to assure a proper care. The whole process usually begins around the age of 6 months, with the possibility that first teeth to make their appearance since the 3-4 months or, on the contrary, half a year later.
When a baby’s teeth begin to grow, there is no fixed and predictable pattern about their development or the degree of discomfort they produce. While the emergence of a tooth for a child can happen overnight, this episode for another baby can be a painful and a longer experience.
Baby teeth steps growth
The deciduous is made up of 20 early teeth, 12 less than mature dentition consists of 32 teeth. Most children have the complete milk dentition until the age of 2-3 years, and will replace it with the permanent one at 6-7 years old.
These age benchmarks represent an average of temporal indices attributable to growth stages of the children’s teeth. The small inconsistencies have not necessarily a pathological significance, every body is developing in his own rate.
Chronology of the temporary tooth:
- central incisor: 6-9 months
- lateral incisor: 7-10 months
- canine: 16 -20 months
- first molar: 12-16 months
- second molar: 23- 30 months
- 6-7 – mandibular central incisors and molars and molars I maxillary I
- 7-8 years – mandibular lateral incisors and maxillary central incisors
- 9-11 years – mandibular canines
- 10-11 years old – I maxillary premolars
- 10-12 years – I premolars mandibular and maxillary premolars II
- 11-12 years old – the maxillary canines and mandibular premolars II
- 11-13 years – mandibular molars
- 12-13 years old – the maxillary molars
- In 16-25 years will erupt molars III, both the maxillary and mandibular
The deciduous teeth are treated?
YES, deciduous teeth need and deserve to be treated! Today there are filling materials much more attractive to the child.
When should be the first visit to the dentist for my child?
The first visit should take place around the age of 6-12 months after birth. Sometimes it can be even earlier because there are oral pathology without the teeth being present in the mouth. Our clinic provides dental care specialized at any age.
How important is fluoridation?
Water fluoridation is a way to improve child’s tooth structure resistance when are forming and erupting in the arcade. The local application of fluoride (using a toothpaste containing high fluorine or by rinsing with special solutions based on fluorine) strengthens teeth already present in the mouth. Fluoride, oral hygiene correctly performed with a balanced diet is an essential combination of factors that reduce the risk of developing dental caries.